Church of God
UNLEAVENED BREAD RECIPE - CHEESE CAKE
1 c sifted flour 5 pkg (8oz) cream cheese softened
1/4 c. sugar 1 3/4 C sugar
1 t grated lemon peel 3 T flour
1/2 t vanilla 2 t grated lemon peel
1/4 C butter 1 1/2 t grated orange peel
Pineapple Glaze: 1/4 t vanilla
2 T sugar 5 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
4 t corn starch 1/4 C heavy cream
2 cans (8 1/4 oz) crushed pineapple in heavy syrup undrained
2 T lemon juice
2 drops yellow food color
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease inside of 9 in spring form pan 3 in high. Remove side.
Make crust: in med bowl, combine flour, sugar, lemon peel, and vanilla.
Make well in center with fork, blend in yolk and butter. Mix with finger tips until smooth.
2. On bottom of pan form 1/2 dough into ball. Place wax paper on top, roll pastry to edge of pan.
Remove paper. Bake 6~8 mins or until golden. Cool, meanwhile, divide rest of dough into 3 parts.
Cut 6 strips of waxed paper 3 in wide.
3. On dampened surface between paper strips roll each part 2 1/4 in wide and 9 in long.
Assemble spring-form pan with crust on bottom. Line inside of pan with pastry strips overlapping ends.
Remove wax paper strips preheat oven to 450.
4. Filling: in large mixer bowl blend cheese, sugar, , peels and vanilla at high speed.
Beat in eggs and yolks 1 at a time, beat until smooth. Occasionally scraping bowl with spatula.
Beat in cream, pour into pan. Bake 10 mins. Lower oven to 250 degrees.
5. Bake 1 hr longer. Remove to rack to Cool 2 hrs. Make glaze: in small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.
Stir remaining ingredients over med heat, bring to boiling stirring; boil 1 min, or until thickened and translucent, cool.
6. Spread surface of cheese cake with glaze; refrigerate until well-chilled 3 hrs or over night.
To serve: loosen pastry from side of pan with spatula, remove sides of spring-form pan, garnish with sliced strawberries if desired.
Cut into wedges. Serves 16.
|back to top||recipe index||Home|